Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Most devastating loss as a fan...

  1. #31
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    Wow, I had mine all picked out until I read otto-man's post. I'll have to agree with him and say when Magic retired due to HIV. I was only 12 or 13 when it happened and remembered crying later that evening. I'll argue until I'm dead that Magic is the best basketball player ever.

    My other loss was the '99 game, Reds vs Mets, to get into the playoffs. Edgardo Alfonso hit a 2 run homer in the first and the Reds never dented the plate. And it was on my birthday to make it even worse.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member imported_wildfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2006
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    I like alot of different sports, so I probably have a "worst loss" memory in all of them, but three stand out almost instantly....

    3) March 22, 1992, in the "game of the century," Duke topped Kentucky (my favorite team) 104-103 as Christian Laettner's final shot sunk at the overtime buzzer. I will always hate him.

    2) Losing Dale, Sr....Nascar will never be what it was without him, in my opinion anyway.

    1) Loving football like I do, and being a Kentucky fan, experiencing upset comes in pairs. The 33-30 loss that still angers me and brings tears to my eyes was the UK-LSU game of Nov 9, 2002. The 75-yard hail-mary pass from Marcus Randall was just devastating for me.
    "What more could a guy want? I love football and I have a great rack!"

  3. #33
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    01 Final Four Terps get robbed by the Refs. Normal PVfan hating on Duke? Not this time, the Refs were suspended after the game. Never will forget jumping up and down screeming Boozer's gone only to have the foul called on Baxter. Changed the game, and imo kept the Terps from going back to back.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    Titans in the Superbowl!!! It was a great game one for the ages, but the Titans came up 1 yard short!

  5. #35
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    1991 losing to a way inferior Haysi team because they came into the game and played as a team. Just like the PV/Garden mentioned earlier we went into the game looking past them and didn't take care of business.
    Also the same year losing to Burton 29-22 after having 4 td's called back for penalties, looked alot like the UT/Georgia game the first half we just stunk it up and then came out and started playing the second half only difference was the outcome not having lost the scores we did that game ended up 50-29 [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    Yeah that loss in 91' to Haysi was a hard one, you guys was WAY better than them, but seems like had some off field issues before the game that could have cost yall that one. That big running back they had was a beast though, he was good. Speaking of the J-E-T-S (who I HATE by the way) the come from behind win over my Dolphins on MNF was one tough game to watch.
    "Why so serious?"

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    It was 1986. We were ranked number one in the state and on like a 20 game winning streak and went in there and got beat by a very fast defense. Garden went on to the State Finals that year and got beat.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    You are right about the off-field issues in that game, it was actually from the night before the game when a few went out partying and were uh not ready to play.
    I can't remeber the running backs name from Haysi that year but I do remember him and I just beating each other to death in 7th grade all-stars basketball, he was big and dominating in the middle so they put me on the team to stop him it was really fun it was more like football for the 2 of us.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    I remember the partying incident, I always heard something about Hamm getting hurt too playing backyard football. Any truth to that?
    "Why so serious?"

  10. #40
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    He got hurt during the Thomas Walker game the week before and then went out and played some backyard ball on Sunday and twisted it again. He was probably only about 75-80% for the Haysi game.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •